ii. FOREIGN QUALIFICATION RECOGNITION SERVICE
SQA provides a qualifications recognition service for people with overseas qualifications wishing to live, work or study in Samoa. This service is conducted by;
- Liaising with stakeholders, employers, students and individuals regarding recognition of international qualifications
- Establishing appropriate levels/comparability of international qualifications on the SQF
Upon receiving an application, SQA conducts assessment of foreign qualifications to determine:
- Whether the qualification is authentic
- Whether the qualification met the required standard in the country of award
- The comparable Samoa Qualification Framework level of the foreign qualification
The Guidelines for Recognition of Foreign Qualifications provide more information on this service and process.
iii. INTERNATIONAL RECOGNITION OF SAMOA QUALIFICATIONS
SQA conducts liaison with government agencies and other institutions to achieve international recognition of Samoa qualifications. Important to this service is the need to:
- Address international requests for information about Samoan qualifications
- Liaise with Samoan PSET providers on matters relating to international recognition of Samoan qualifications
The Strategy for International Recognition of Samoa Qualifications outlines how SQA hopes to achieve international recognition for qualifications obtained in Samoa.
iv. CAREERS ADVISORY SERVICES
One of the mandated functions of the SQA (SQA Act 2010)
is to: promote links and learning pathways between the school sector and the Post-School
Education and Training (PSET) Sector, and offer career advisory services..