NATIONAL QUALIFICATION STANDARDS
The Authority coordinates and facilitates the development of National Qualifications Standards by collaborating with stakeholder
groups in establishing these Standards in sectors of national development priority identified in the Strategy for the Development of Samoa.
The Authority in this function conducts itself in the following manner;
- Coordinate establishment of Sector Advisory Groups (SAGs)
- Coordinate data gathering processes to inform development of National Qualifications Standards
- Coordinate and assist with development of National Qualifications Standards
- Assist SAGs to establish industry standards and training requirements in identified priority areas
- Publish and disseminate Guidelines for Development of National Qualifications Standards
- Coordinate the periodic review of Guidelines
- Monitor and evaluate initial implementation of National Qualifications- to inform review of Guidelines and process for development
SQA collaborates with stakeholder groups to establish National Qualifications
Standards in sectors of national development priority,
as identified in the Strategy for Development of Samoa.
What are National Qualifications Standards?
These are industry or skill standards that are endorsed by the relevant
sector and are linked to a National Qualification.
Sectors currently under development:
- Tourism & Hospitality
- Traditional Knowledge and Skills
Process of Development
Phase 1: Needs Analysis
Phase 2: Identification and Writing
Phase 3: Validation
Guidelines for Development of National Qualifications
provide a detailed explanation of this service and Process of Development..